Join us for the launch of LFI’s new publication The New Middle East: A Progressive Approach a selection of essays discussing the changing political landscape in the region.
This new essay collection seeks to challenge assumptions about the Middle East and broaden the debate on the left, which is too often disproportionately focussed on Israel. From demographic changes to diplomatic revolutions, and the growing threat posed by an expansionist Iran, the pamphlet seeks to explore how the Middle East is changing and what a progressive foreign policy response might be.
We will be joined by some of the chapter authors, who will discuss their contributions and answer questions.
Our speakers include:
- Wayne David MP, Shadow Minister for the Middle East and North Africa
- John Lyndon, Executive Director ALLMEP
- Huda Abuarquob, Regional Director ALLMEP
- Moran Zaga, Policy Fellow Mitvim (The Israeli Institute for Regional Foreign Policies)
- Michael Herzog, International Fellow The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
The discussion will be facilitated by LFI chair Steve McCabe MP.
Please join us for this fascinating discussion by signing up here to receive the webinar link.