At today’s FCDO questions session, Labour’s shadow Middle East minister and LFI parliamentary supporter Wayne David MP pushed the government on what steps it was taking to counteract Iran’s support for terrorist proxies across the Middle East, including Hamas, Hezbollah …
Military situation in Gaza
- This week saw the heaviest single day losses for the IDF in the Gaza Strip since the beginning of the ground operation, with 24 soldiers killed on 22 January. Some 21 were killed after being hit
Since Hamas’ brutal and savage attack on Israeli civilians on 7 October, Israel’s has sought to defend its citizens by dismantling the terror group’s military and political infrastructure in Gaza.
It has the right and duty to do so, and, …
At today’s debate on statutory instrument Iran (Sanctions) Regulations 2023 (S.I., 2023, No. 1314), Labour’s shadow Middle East minister and LFI parliamentary supporter Wayne David expressed Labour’s concern around Iran’s destabilising activity in the Middle East and once again pushed
At today’s debate on statutory instrument Iran (Sanctions) Regulations 2023 (S.I., 2023, No. 1314), LFI vice-chair John Spellar MP once again pushed the government on the need to proscribe the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps as a terrorist organisation.
John asked: …
Situation in Gaza
- Medications were provided to Israeli hostages on Wednesday 16 January, reportedly in return for an increase in the supply of pharmaceutical aid entering Gaza, following an agreement brokered by Qatar and France. Some 136 hostages remain captive
The conflict in Gaza between Israel and the Hamas terror group will on Sunday reach one hundred days since the 7 October attacks.
On the ground:
- Israel’s leadership has indicated a shift in its military campaign against Hamas, moving from
LFI chair in the House of Lords Baroness Ramsay of Cartvale has written the below article for the Jewish News. Click here to read the original.
Hamas’ brutal assault of Saturday 7th October did not just trigger a war between …
- Israel continues intensive ground and air attacks on Hamas fighters and infrastructure, including its tunnels. The main focus of operations is the southern city of Khan Younis, with the IDF continuing to give instructions to Gazan citizens to
At today’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Questions session, two Labour MPs pushed the government for tougher action against the Iranian regime, in light of its support for the Hamas terror group in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon.
LFI parliamentary supporter …
At Monday’s Westminster Hall Debate, on three e-petitions relating to Israel and Palestine, Labour Opposition Whip, Christian Wakeford, stated that he supports increased humanitarian aid into Gaza, including “fuel, electricity and food” supplies, but currently sees a permanent ceasefire with …
On the ground
- The IDF is gaining control over the northern Gaza Strip, and early on the morning of 15 November entered Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza City.
- The White House has confirmed, based on its own intelligence, that Hamas